LAST UPDATED: JULY 19, 2017
Survey Research (as utilized here) is a systematic and scientific process of acquiring opinions from consumers, customers, professionals and other members of the public. Researchers seek to gain opinions regarding products, services, social issues, political subjects, and various other topics. Research fuels the development of new products and services, gauges public sentiment on topical matters and is relied on by wide range of businesses including health care providers, the government, and other entities.
Research recruitment is accomplished by various means including telephone, mail, internet, and in-person interviews.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Lightspeed operates independently of the clients who ask us to undertake research and its research participants are not solicited for the purchase of a product or service.
Lightspeed conforms to the standards of the following organizations that set research standards and codes of ethics for member companies. These standards preserve the integrity of the research process and protect your privacy:
- American Marketing Association (AMA)
- British Healthcare British Intelligence Association (BHBIA)
- Council of American Survey Research Organizations (CASRO)
- European Pharmaceutical Market Research Association (EphMRA)
- European Society for Opinion and Market Research (ESOMAR)
- Italian Society for Opinion and Market Research (ASSIRM)
- Marketing Research Association (MRA)
- Market Research Society (MRS)
- Pharmaceutical Business Intelligence and Research Group (PBIRG)
- Pharmaceutical Marketing Research Group (PMRG)
Your participation in research is very important to us, and we value the information you provide. Therefore, our relationship will be one of respect and consideration, anchored on the following practices:
- We will clearly represent to you what we are doing and inform you about the general nature of the survey.
- You will always be informed in advance if an interview is to be audio recorded or video recorded (as in the case of telephone or in-person studies). Additionally, you will be told of the intended use of the recording.
- We will never try to sell you anything and we will never sell your name to anyone. That is not our business. We are not telemarketers or direct marketers. We are researchers interested only in your opinions.
- You will be contacted at reasonable times, but if the time is inconvenient, you may ask to be re-contacted at a more convenient time. With your consent, we will contact you via email so you will not be interrupted at inconvenient times.
- Your decision regarding participating in a study, answering specific questions, requesting to be re-contacted at another time, or discontinuing your participation will be respected.
- Occasionally, we may re-contact you to validate your responses. We will never misrepresent ourselves or what we are doing.
- We comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations with respect to the safeguarding of your Personal Information, Personal Data and Respondent Data.
- We will do our best to make your participation in a study a pleasant experience.
- Your participation in a study is strictly voluntary.
If you have any privacy or related questions or concerns, please contact our Data Privacy Officer, via email at email@example.com or by postal mail at All Global Circle c/o Lightspeed Research Limited, 4 Millbank, Westminster, London SW1P 3JA, United Kingdom or All Global Circle c/o Lightspeed, LLC, 3 Mountainview Road, Suite 300, Warren, New Jersey 07059-6711 USA.
"Interviewer" means an employee of Lightspeed who contacts a member of the public for the purpose of conducting Survey Research.
"Panel" means a panel of individuals recruited by Lightspeed whose members have agreed to participate in Internet research from time to time.
“Personal Data” means as defined in the Data Protection Act of 1998 (UK).
"Personal Information" means information that individually or in combination could identify a specific individual. Examples include, without limitation, first and last name, postal address (home and work), personal email address and telephone numbers.
"Respondent" means a member of the public who is contacted by Lightspeed for the purpose of conducting Survey Research.
"Survey Research" means telephone surveys, mail surveys, Internet surveys, ad hoc Panels, continuous Panels, intercepts, business-to-business surveys, focus groups, one-on-one interviews, employee surveys and all other types of survey research.
The Information We Collect
When Lightspeed interviewers contact Respondents by telephone or in-person, they identify themselves and state the purpose(s) of their contact. When Lightspeed sends written survey invitations and/or questionnaires to Respondents by email or postal mail, the invitation/questionnaire clearly identifies us as Lightspeed and explains the purpose(s) of our contact.
When we contact you, we will generally do so for one of the following purposes:
- To invite you to participate in Survey Research.
- To conduct a Survey Research interview with you.
- To validate answers you gave in a recent survey we conducted.
- To update and to ensure that our records of your Personal Information are correct.
Much more infrequently, we may contact you for one of these purposes:
- To confirm receipt of an incentive offered to you for your participation in Survey Research.
- To ask for your permission to use your Personal Information for a purpose that was not contemplated or identified to you when we first collected your Personal Information.
When you participate in our surveys, we may ask you for your opinions, as well as demographic information including, without limitation, your age, gender and household composition. Demographic information is collected to enable Lightspeed to tailor survey invitations to specific individuals. You may refuse to answer certain questions or discontinue participation in a study at any time. After you join our Panel, you may rescind membership or discontinue participation by following the opt-out process for that Panel.
Confidentiality of survey responses and contact information
We combine your survey responses in a given survey with the responses of all others who participate and report those combined responses to the client that commissioned the study. We will never intentionally report your individual responses, except as described below.
Respondent Data may be collected, stored or processed by our affiliated companies or non-affiliated service providers, both within and outside the United States. They are contractually bound to keep any information they collect and disclose to us or we collect and disclose to them confidential and must protect it with security standards and practices that are generally equivalent to our own.
Your information is stored in a proprietary database for the entire period of your membership with us, so we may access it to determine whether you meet the criteria requested for specific research studies. If we think your profile makes you a potential candidate for a study, we will call you or e-mail you an invitation to make you aware of this opportunity. If you do not wish to receive these calls or e-mails, you can remove yourself from these notification lists at any time by contacting us at the e-mail address or postal address shown below (in “How To Reach Us”).Information Use and Sharing
This section describes how your data – which includes web use, app use, demographic information, survey responses and information we have obtained from third parties – contributes to the kinds of services our clients buy from us. Our typical process is to combine panel members' data into segments and report on the aggregated (or grouped) results. Segments are pools of users who have common interests or characteristics, for example, "HCPs between the ages of 30-45 interested in therapy X." Once aggregated, the results and consumer segments are shared with our clients and other parties as described in this Policy.
Other than in the specific circumstances listed below, Lightspeed will not disclose to any third partythe personally identifiable information of the All Global Circle Panel members, such as name, postal or e-mail address, social security and National ID number, Drug Enforcement Agency number, medical education number (US), GMC Number (UK), le numéro RPPS (France), and el número de colegiado (Spain), and the like, without your express consent.
The specific circumstances when we may disclose your Personal Information to third parties are as follows:
- You affirmatively consent to sharing your Personal Information and/or individual responses with the third parties for a specified purpose;
- To affiliated companies or non-affiliated service providers for processing purposes, including without limitation data processing or incentive fulfillment;
- In order to protect the safety of a Respondent(s) or any other individual(s), or to protect Lightspeed’s rights and/or property
In the specific circumstance that Personal Information is required to be shared or disclosed pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, orders or pursuant to similar and other legal or regulatory requirements. In the case of legal process, we will narrowly disclose only to the extent absolutely required for compliance.
Media Use Analysis - Your data is combined with data from other users to form segments that are shared with clients without identifying any particular user. These segments are typically analyzed on behalf of clients or for ourselves to understand where panelists behaviors such as prescribing or digital preference. For example, we help companies understand the effectiveness of their products by comparing user preference with their competitors’ products.
Profile Building - We may use the personally identifiable information you have provided to us or an anonymous identifier associated with you (such as an IP address or similar identifier) to get additional information about you from other public and private data sources. These third party data sources may provide us information on your behavior, your practice information, and broader demographic and personal history details. We may combine this information with other information to create and enhance profiles that are shared as described in this Policy.
Consumer Analysis - We may use your data, including personally identifiable information we have obtained directly or through a trusted third party vendor, to enhance our or our client’s segments explained above. We use personally identifiable information in this way when our customer already has this information because it is usually the only way to match our profiles with those of our customers. Sometimes we may gather information from your clickstream data, such as a session ID, and share it with a third party in order to match your information with the information possessed by a third party as part of our services. Although in each of these cases we permit these other parties and our clients to use your information to enhance their broader segments. So in the normal course of your online activities, you may be a member of a broader segment that sees particular information that your data helped create.
Targeted Surveys - We may send you invitations to participate in surveys on the basis of your online behaviors collected by us. For example, if you visit sites that suggest you are interested in therapy X, we may send you a survey regarding therapy X. We may provide our clients with some or all of the responses to these surveys without directly identifying any particular user, including specific answers and quotes from individual respondents.
Merger, Acquisition or Sale
In the event Lightspeed or its affiliates experience a merger, acquisition, sale or other transaction pursuant to which this website and/or other Lightspeed assets are acquired by a third party or an affiliate of Lightspeed, Lightspeed may disclose your personal information to the third party or affiliate both before and after the transaction, for the sole purpose of facilitating and effecting that transaction.
Lightspeed safeguards Personal Information in its possession or control from loss or theft and from unauthorized access, disclosure, duplication, use or modification.
The safeguards we employ vary depending on the sensitivity, amount, distribution, format and storage of the personal information. Some information is stored electronically. Recent paper records containing Personal Information are stored securely onsite at Lightspeed’s offices.
We inform our employees about our policies and procedures regarding confidentiality, security and privacy, and we emphasize the importance of complying with them. Our security procedures are consistent with generally accepted commercial standards used to protect Personal Information.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.Accuracy of Personal Information
Lightspeed makes reasonable efforts to keep Personal Information in its possession or control which is used on an ongoing basis accurate, complete, current and relevant, based on the most recent information available to us.
We rely on Respondents, such as Panel members, to keep certain Personal Information relating to them accurate, complete and current. We may require that you fill out a registration survey that gathers some personal and professional information. We may ask for your medical education number (US), GMC Number (UK), le numéro RPPS (France), el número de colegiado (Spain) and National ID, your Drug Enforcement Agency number, and other professional information to confirm your credentials.
Lightspeed is entitled to attempt to confirm that information with a professional or similar credentialing agency or investigative service. Lightspeed will use the results of such verification only for purposes of confirming the accuracy and completeness of the information that you provide. We will not disclose those results to any third party unless compelled by law.Access to Personal Information
To request access to Personal Information that we hold about you, we require that you submit your request in writing at the e-mail address or postal address shown below (in “How To Reach Us”). You will be able to access your Personal Information and correct, amend or delete it where it is inaccurate, except as follows:
- The burden or expense of providing access in a given manner would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy in the case in question;
- Providing access to your Personal Information would be likely to reveal Personal Information about others;
- Disclosing the Personal Information would reveal the confidential commercial information of Lightspeed or its clients.
We will endeavor to respond and provide your requested Personal Information within a reasonable period following your request but not later than 30 days from receiving your access request. If we cannot fulfil your request, we will provide you with a written explanation of why we had to deny your access request.
Terminating Membership from All Global Circle
If you no longer wish to be a member of the All Global Circle Panel or participate in the studies, you may request that your Personal Information be removed from our list of active members at any time through the following ways:
Via Postal Mail:
All Global Circle
c/o Lightspeed, LLC
3 Mountainview Road
Warren, New Jersey 07059-6711
EU/All Other Countries
All Global Circle
c/o Lightspeed Research Limited
London, SW1P 3JA United Kingdom
Failure to follow the procedures we have provided could delay the removal of your Personal Information. We will promptly process your request; however, there may be a gap between the time when we receive your request and the time when we are able to remove your Personal Information from all scheduled communications and lists. Therefore, you may receive emails after requesting to be removed from our lists before the request is fully processed; however, we will make every effort to act promptly.
Please note that we reserve the right to keep any Personal Information or survey responses submitted or collected until you request for it to be deleted or you modify it or until we choose, for business reasons, such as obsolescence, to delete it.
Lightspeed is not responsible for removing Personal Information from third-party lists or databases of any kind.Internet Activities
We have adopted a high standard of privacy regarding electronic or Internet communication. In particular:
- We will never intentionally "spam" Internet users to seek their participation in surveys. Rather, we will send e-mail invitations only to people who we believe have "opted-in" - i.e., affirmatively agreed – to receive such invitations through prior, independent communications.
- We will give every person who receives an e-mail invitation the opportunity to "opt-out" of that invitation and all future e-mail solicitations.
- We maintain a high level of security to prevent outside parties from having access to information electronically transmitted to us by you.
- We never knowingly invite children under the age of 13 to participate in research studies without taking measures to ensure appropriate parental consent.
California law requires us to disclose how we respond to Web browser "Do Not Track" signals. Currently, there is no industry consensus with respect to the meaning of a "Do Not Track" signal and how operators of commercial website should respond to them. As a result, we do not respond to browser "Do Not Track" signals at this time, and do not change any of our data collection practices when we receive such signals
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and "clickstream" data you browser sends to our site.
From time-to-time Lightspeed may provide you with the ability to voluntarily link to other websites operated by third parties. Providing the ability to voluntarily link to such websites is not an endorsement of such websites by Lightspeed.
These websites have not been, and will not be, reviewed by Lightspeed. Lightspeed is neither responsible for the privacy practices, policies and/or procedures of the operators of such websites nor the content contained on or in such websites.
Lightspeed does not make any representations and/or warranties concerning such third party websites, the business and/or privacy practices of any such third party or third parties and/or the products and/or services offered by any such third party or third parties.How to reach us